cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Introduce yourself - say Hej!

Adam-H

This thread is for our new joiners - help us welcome you aboard by saying Hej! Don't give us your private details, but share a little! What's your best beloved IKEA product?

(Tipyou can hashtag it to bring up our stock image).

I'll start. I'm Adam, I'm one of the team IKEA assembled to create this space. My favourite IKEA project would be a simple one, the sadly discontinued #Knotten - a nifty stand-up desk In a corner of my living room that I've been using as we created the Community space. It has a drawer that perfectly holds one ream of A4 paper ... lovely!

Knotten.jpg

Tell us what you think!
332 REPLIES 332

DenevIKEA

Hej, I'm Dennis 😉, I work for IKEA and also such a big fan. It is very hard to choose which is my favorite IKEA product as I love all of them. But if I have to choose one, it'll be #BRIMNES day bed 😻 It looks beautiful, has so much space in the drawers where you can store your things. It's very ideal if you have small bedroom. 

Hej, I'm Leanne. I work for IKEA and love to visit the store to get ideas for my own home. My favourite IKEA product I would say is the MALM drawers I have them in every bedroom they are so spacious and are easy to put together. 😍

Found your solution? Simply click on 'Accept as solution' to help others with similar questions!

Andreea
New Contributor

I love Malm drawers!!! So spacious, easy to assemble and very nice aspect!!

RDV
New Contributor

I love Malm too, spacious and sturdy. Ours have moved house 3 times now and still going strong.

TiniHaus
New Contributor II

Hi, I'm a big Scandi interior fan and my favourite past-time activity is browsing the IKEA app!

I can't choose a favourite IKEA product but the famous VONSBÄK (Rug, low pile) is on my Wishlist! 

Me too, I can loose days on the app . . .l

Kieran

Hej! I'm Kieran, I also work for IKEA and have been tasked with helping bring this community to life! 😁 If I had to choose my favourite IKEA product, it would probably be the KALLAX (Shelving unit) due to its versatility and the number of available customisation options 😄 Perfect for (almost) every room!

Found your solution? Simply click on 'Accept as solution' to help others with similar questions!

Pards
New Contributor

I agree the KALLAX (Shelving unit) is one of the most versatile units ever purchased. 

RDV
New Contributor

We all love Kallax in our family, from the littlest to the biggest members.

Hej, I love everything about Ikea. I really enjoy browsing the circular hub and I always find a great bargain. 

Frazled
New Contributor

Hi I'm Frazzled. I dont work for ikea haha but probably should.

My favourite at the minute is the HEJNE (1 section) . I have used it to help build a catio under my lean to shelter

I plan to extend it further soon.

20220122_184210.jpg

Wow! Lucky cat(s)!

Tell us what you think!

HeatherMc
New Contributor

Hi, I'm Heather, I don't work for IKEA but do any furniture shopping there I have to. I don't have a favourite item but I absolutely love the circular hub and how it gives a chance to reuse items other people returned but also helps if you're trying to save some money!

Sonal
New Contributor

Hi I am Sonal and I am very excited to have IKEA in Hammersmith-- my sister and I are always at IKEA in Wembley so this is great. ~We love the plants especially! And of course we can never find enough uses for PAX..

lauryncp
New Contributor

Hi all, I’m Lauryn and very luckily live 5 minutes away from IKEA in Milton Keynes - my favourite store ever!

Squirrel_Ears
New Contributor

Hej!  I am a long term Ikea fan having bought my first Billy bookcase more than 30 years ago!  Looking forward to meeting you all x

Hej!   My first purchase was a Billy bookcase , a long time ago!  I have always loved everything about IKEA

Harshmallow
New Contributor

Hello! I’m an IKEA shopper 🙂 My last purchase was the KALLAX (Shelving unit) . Looking forward to the Hammersmith store and of course the Oxford Circus store!

Mooey
New Contributor

Hi, I don't work for ikea but use home delivery as my nearest one is a good 70 miles away!! Please bring Ikea to Cornwall 🙏  I love all the storage and organisation. 

Suet
New Contributor

Hej Mooey! My daughter and I had a wonderful holiday in Cornwall last September, and as part of our route took us via Exeter decided to fill up at, ahem,  a supermarket, and found Ikea across the road! I take it that's your nearest? Truro would be perfect...

Pards
New Contributor

Hi all, I’m Pards. Shopping at Ikea can become very addictive. My favourite collections has to be the KALLAX (Shelving unit). it’s so versatile and can be used in most rooms. I have just finished renovating my garden so interested to see if there will be any new additions for Summer 2022

I think you may be pleased with what's coming up. 

Tell us what you think!

Jo
New Contributor

Hej! I'm Jo. I live in a small flat and over the past two years, it has not only been a home but also an office so things need to be organised with defined work/living spaces. So I like anything storage & organisation related. 

Sophy
New Contributor II

Hi I'm Sophy, 

My favourite item right now is the sunnersta sink unit, such a good price and sturdy. I'm using it outdoors as a garden sink and potting area. I'm curious how well it'll hold up over time outside but it's good do far!

Pkgrant
New Contributor

Being a childminder I love the storage, especially the kalkax 🙂

Sleepyparadise
Contributor II

Hi, I am Helen and I don't work at all. We are currently renovating a house and have spent the past few weeks travelling to and from Ikea trying to get the bits we need to finish building our media centre when they arrive in stock 🙂 I can't wait to get it finished and move all my pieces into the cupboards and start enjoying our new home!271911995_3228131174081499_6765777406581431330_n.jpg

That looks epic, SleepyP - good luck with the last bits - you must share a before / after shot in the Inspiration section, when you're all done, for others to look upon and marvel? 

Tell us what you think!

Thank you Adam, I will definitely share a before and after pic when it is finished. I am so excited to have it all done. Hopefully the remaining doors will be back in stock in the next few weeks 🙂 

geraldine_msf
New Contributor

Hej

I'm Geraldine, I don't live near to Ikea so only get to visit now and again. The most useful products I have bought, are the storage containers . I have so many of them, and its easy to organise and find things. No more searching, no more overstuffed drawers! Great for organising craft bits n bobs too! 

Hej, Geraldine, Welcome!

We all like to see how people get their storage in order - could you pop a picture or two in the Inspiration comments?

Tell us what you think!

Booknerd
New Contributor

Hey! I'm Ember. Im a massive fan of hygge interior design and sustainable furniture. 

My favourite ikea piece will always be Billy bookcases! Always so versatile. The aim is to have a mini library made of ikea Billy bookcases. 

Im reading about Hygge at the moment 🙂 

Cath73
New Contributor

Hi , I’m Catherine and a long time Ikea fan! My first ever purchase over 20 years ago was an Expedit shelving unit and it is still being used today! My nearest ikea is Bristol but I’m loving the home delivery options available now!!

Mummygriff
New Contributor

Hello everyone. My name is Lisa. I have always been a big ikea lover. Best furniture I have. I love browsing in store and picking up new ideas. Then off to the market place. To pick up some towels. Cups or cutlery you never knew you needed 🤣🤣

Yes, I know we went to sort out the baby's room. So what if a #SNUDDA isn't on the list? Think of the poor CHEESE!

Tell us what you think!

Hodgeheg
New Contributor

Hej! I'm Hodgeheg. We briefly had an order and collection point near to me and I loved popping in for a browse but sadly it's gone now and I miss it. Most rooms in my house have something from Ikea in them. I'm particularly fond of the Hemnes range. I love my bedside tables. My most used piece of Ikea furniture is my kitchen table which has had daily use for twenty years and still looks as good as ever.

lyndaa13
New Contributor

Hi Adam, I am new to this.  I love Ikea.  I love to browse and wish and want to visit soon.

Lynda

Crystal
New Contributor

Hej! I’m Crystal!👋  I’m pretty much an ikea addict. Most of my furniture is from here and I’m currently eyeing the Kivik sofa….👀

tabi
New Contributor

Hej, I'm Tabi! My favourite IKEA piece is the KALLAX (Shelving unit) in all the different sizes. I wish I had space for more of them. 

Brian
New Contributor

Hej! to everyone on here.

We have nothing but IKEA mattresses in our house. Recently my daughter wanted to change from a sprung one to a foam one so we went & bought a Malfors. It's surprisingly comfortable considering how thin it is.
It's great value for money too 😁